Happy Holidays Pioneers!
To celebrate we’re pushing another update to experimental branch before we voyage into next year. Which we’re all very excited about!
We’ve also included an upcoming ‘mini blog’ (below the release notes) with insight into what will be happening next with Eden Star, both from the perspective of improvements to World Art and New Gameplay content.
– Expanded the size of the Dam
– Added new office areas within the Dam
– Added new Dormitory area for Dam workers with some temporary placeholder objects
– Added new pathways throughout the Dam
– Added a cave to explore near the start of the game
– Added more AI spawners throughout the game
– Added more mine-able nodes
– Added a few more trees
– Added more weapon pickups and ammo in various places
– Added fence at the top of the tower to stop you from getting stuck behind it
– Changed the layout of the first generator room
– Updated the drop item visuals for the particle accelerator
– Adjusted the layout of the Camp
– Adjusted some of the AI spawners to make them work better
– Spawners will now reset when the time goes from day to night or night to day
– Made various terrain modifications
– Fixed an issue where sometimes turrets would have trouble seeing and shooting at enemies
– Fixed an issue where sometimes enemies would have trouble spawning in
– Fixed an issue where shooting the glass in the Drop Pod would cause alien blood to spurt out
– Fixed some issues to do with the terrain not blending in well to the top of cliffs
– Fixed a rock had no collision on the mountain side near the Tower
– Fixed no physics material on Splintermite explosive spikes
– Fixed no collision on structure opposite the top of the tower
– Fixed floating stalker on the tower
Upcoming changes and improvements in the new year..
Art & Design
Visual improvements to infested bases, including further audio, lighting and design iteration. With this we aim to deliver a more horroresque and immersive experience.
Terrain surfaces will be getting passes to bring them in line with supporting more varied foliage types. Currently we want to get away from the Mars/Dune look that is going on, as this was more experimental than a final art direction.
Utility destruction and some drop/breakable items will get a visual overhaul so there’s better consistency.
- Fuel UI will be getting a proper final pass to make fuel consumption in Utilities easier and more intuitive to understand.
- Full Xbox controller support! It’s a tad awkward to navigate UI and certain systems on controller as it stands, this will be tackled in the new year to make it much more fluid.
- Final pass 3rd Person animations.
- Vehicles… both salvageable and build-able types.
- Revisions/balancing to progression systems.
- Expanded World Development & Additional bases
Thanks for all your continued support! See you in the fray…
– Team Flix
Its been a few weeks but as always we’re pushing on improvements to our experimental branch. This update includes some more extensive changes to design and performance, we’ve had some core system issues with navigation that have prevented a bunch of creatures from spawning in the world at set distances.
Soon we’ll be re-introducing the night attacks that made developing your bases critical to surviving the night.
- Added more enemy spawners to an encounter in the Dam.
- Added respawn reset triggers to other entrances/exits around the Dam to make sure enemies respawn properly.
- Refinement of the Dam location, tweaking visuals and resolving several issues with areas you could get stuck.
- Extended how long it takes for a turret to run completely out of fuel to 40 minutes
- Adjusted ‘Escape the Drop Pod’ mission objective beam to be more aligned with the Drop Pod since it looked off
- Cleaned up the terrain near the camp behind the Transmitter Tower
- Expanded the first generator room within the Dam
- Expanded the outer Dam to accommodate for the Generator room expansion
- Moved objective button inside generator room to the opposite side of the room
- Replaced old pipe meshes with new ones
- Adjusted respawn reset triggers on top of the Dam
- Fixed several bugs and inconsistencies with Oxygen levels in and around the Dam.
- Fixed an issue where fuel wouldn’t be used up after saving and loading the game
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would struggle with spawning inside the Dam
- Fixed an issue where you could walk through the lower section of the drop pod from the outside in damaged generator room
- Fixed a few spelling errors in the Data Logs
- Fixed gaps in the inner Dam main entrance where you could see through
See you in the fray,
– Team Flix
Some essential changes that involve removal of outdated build items have gone in, that unfortunately mean previous saves won’t work when you update to this version. Good chance to start a fresh game! These changes are required to progress to the later versions of the game improvements we’re making.
Because of the lack of additions this week we’ll be trying to get extra stuff in for next week <3.
Here’s the full breakdown:
- Refined the terrain by some roads that looked out of place
- Removed Arch Walls and Arch Wall Corners due to them causing problems in engine
- Fixed several missing physics material issues
- Fixed an issue where you could press objective buttons multiple times
- Fixed an issue where alien blood would splatter when you hit glass
- Fixed an issue where some concrete barricades in the Dam would appear orange
- Fixed an issue where some dead pioneers would hover slightly above the ground
- Fixed an issue where gaps would appear on certain cliffs next to the Dam
See you in the fray
– Team Flix
Eden Star is a product of the GamesLab West Midlands programme, developed by Creative England and supported by the Regional Growth Fund.