Whilst we push many extra hours of work into heaps of upcoming content, we feel people deserve a better balanced game to play in the mean time.
So we’re excited to bring you our final update within our 1km Island map. Our next update will be on our main 4 x 4 km Island! We’ve done some extensive balancing and bug testing to get this build to you today, taking on board the feedback we’ve received. The team are especially happy to say the game is now a lot more forgiving in it’s initial stages of play while also remaining challenging for the more advanced players.
So what’s new? We have added different visual styles of base fortifications to this current build, which will now represent the durability of certain material types you build them from.
We have many balancing tweaks, changes and major bug fixes in as well, which you can read in our full changelist below.
Important: please update your servers to the latest version to work with this release, thank you.
- Added new Primitive Fortifications variants. There are now 3 distinct styles, which depend on the Material you choose to build your Fortifications out from. This mechanic will be expanded on in future updates.
- Changed the timing of incoming waves at night so they are not as intense.
- Enemy waves start smaller and get tougher as the night goes on.
- All enemies, the player and all blocks have had their numbers rebalanced so that enemy creatures are a much bigger threat to static defences, but not as punishing to the player who wants to contribute to the defence:
- Turrets are now cheaper, but more vulnerable to enemy attacks.
- Pioneers’ attacks are slightly more powerful. Pioneers also take less damage from enemy creatures’ attacks. We want Pioneers to be able to contribute to protection of their bases at night.
- Ikas and Vipers no longer pull other characters in upon death. They still push away with the final explosion.
- Ika and Viper Spit attack now disables turrets for a short period of time.
- Splintermite spikes explode much quicker, but no longer when touched.
- Eden Kits have had their cost significantly reduced. Also at lower levels, the Eden Kit Shield is much smaller. This means that new Eden Kits are much easier to acquire, but are much weaker without upgrades. Upgrading Eden Kits now also doubles their maximum durability from the previous level.
- Regeneration module (to heal structures) is now much cheaper to craft.
- A lot of utilities and defences have had their health lowered.
- Structures built out of Cerulium or Tennal will now have more HP that those built from Ironite (as these materials are rarer).
- We are in the process of revamping damage type and damage resistance mechanics. For the time being, the base material you use to build your structures will only affect their HP. The damage resistances have been equalised across all materials.
- We are phasing out Arches and Arch Corner primitives. They will not disappear, but they can no longer be built or fortified.
- In single player, you are no longer forced to restart the game if you die when your Replication Units are on cooldown or unpowered. Removed Replication Unit Cooldown completely in single player.
- You can no longer add more Items into an already dropped bag, neither a personal one, nor the one that drops when you die. This was never intended.
- Lights no longer use power.
- Made eden kit column have the title of the kit in the tab.
- Multiple physics and foliage optimisations.
- Build asset rendering optimisations.
- UI optimisations.
- Armoury has been renamed to Crafting Station.
- Sac plants now spawn Plasmafire.
- Kinetic Blast now does damage by default.
- Made the night fog slightly brighter to emphasise the toxic atmosphere
- Fixed Pulse Amplifier upgrade, which mistakenly required another upgrade before you could Activate it.
- Fixed Energy Harness upgrade tree, which had incorrectly 2 upgrade slots taken by default.
- Fixed enemies flailing their limbs uncontrollably during “ragdoll”. They are still flailing, but controllably.
- Fix for bodies of offline players standing back up on clients and also being able to push them around on the client by walking into them.
- Fixed Text Chat allowing some of the game commands through while you’re typing (such as ‘q’ for Build Mode or switch weapons)
- Fixed an issue causing keyboard keys to stop responding until you click after sending chat message
- Fixed an issue where once you were sent an invitation to join a colony, if you logged out you could no longer see it, respond to it, or receive a new one, until its timer run out.
- Fix for upgrade trees no longer working after a loaded game
- Fixed being able to access lockboxes/eden kits etc at extreme range even without the prompt being onscreen
- Fixed an issue with some UI (Inventory Weight bar for example) which would display at the incorrect size and/or each side would be different thicknesses
- Fix for UI Menu not re-displaying items that were placed into a dropbag after closing and opening the menu
- Fixed the death prompts and map markers displaying incorrect or incomplete information
- Fixed an issue where the output column wasn’t visible in the UI Menu (‘I’ key menu) after closing the menu from the Colony Tab.
- Fixed an issue where AI were unable to find any utilities to attack.
- Fixed an issue where Turrets were not able to shoot through doors and windows
- Fixed a few sounds which were extremely loud.
- Fixed an issue where Turrets would not find a new target after losing and regaining power.
- Fixed an issue preventing using smash when you had 0 energy, despite smash not using energy.
- Fixed an issue with AI Perception where it could sometimes not pick up targets which were nearby.
- Fixed a popup, which would warn you about signing over structures when you decline a colony invitation.
- Fix for Eden Kit upgrade tree cutting off the bottom of the last node at some resolutions
- Fixed graphical glitches during reloading of sniper rifles while aiming down sights.
- Fixed an issue which allowed foundations to be built overlapping obstructions.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from being healed by the Eden Kit shield in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not always seeing the deployment screen in single player.
- Fixed issue with trees regrowing through foundations after a save. (might be a few this first time round though as the trees ids might be out of date after new engine upgrade)
- Fixed issue with foliage not getting removed on client.
- Fixed issue with disconnect message boxes occasionally being unclickable when getting kicked from server.
- Fixed a bug where you would auto sprint after landing even when you were not previously sprinting before jumping or leaving the ground.
- Fixed a bug where you would stop firing while the fire button is held if you are given velocity (attacked by ikas, dropped to the floor or jumped, tail whipped by stalkers etc).
- Fix for compass and map sometimes having multiple of the same marker.
- Fix for Eden Kits not showing on the compass.
- Vogels sometimes get stuck and stop moving
- Very rarely Ikas will find their way underground and attack from below.
- Ikas can sometimes attack you or your base from a very long distance.
You can keep up to date with current development via our Trello boards.
Thank you all again for the continued feedback and we hope you enjoy this latest release!
See you in the fray!