We have another update for the experimental branch today with more fixes to some of the issues that have been raised in the forums. Thank you to everyone who has played the experimental branch so far, given feedback and reported bugs, it really helps us identify the issues that are the highest priority for players so that we can fix them in good time!
For those of you wanting to play, and willing to put up with the occasional bug and incomplete feature, there are instructions to accessing this branch here in our earlier September update:
- Added new meshes and icons for the three Health Kit items.
- Improved visuals for the edge of the playable area (see header image)
- Basic Circuitry is slightly easier to make.
- Smoothed out camera movements when stopping after moving
- Several shadowing optimisations – you should see improved performance in the scrap metal structures.
- Fixed an issue where dropping a gun while you are in the attachments menu would cause an extra ‘Exit Menu’ button to appear and then clicking that button would crash the game
- Fixed an issue where loading a save file from a save before Version 0.3.2 would cause all of your inventory items to be unusable
- Fixed an issue where Splintermites would float when walking over certain sections of the bridge
- Fixed an issue where perched Stalkers would have their health bars appearing elsewhere
- Fixed an issue where fences would not be properly connected to the floor pieces by the tower
- Fixed some issues where there would be floating terrain textures around the Tower
- Fixed an issue where HUD prompts would display incorrectly when you look at a drop bag
- Fixed an issue where a noticeable gap would appear next to the Dam’s main entrance
- Fixed an issue where green text saying ‘Failed’ would appear after successfully saving a game
- Fixed an issue where picking up oxygen canisters at the camp near the Tower would give you a stack of 10 canisters
- Fixed several issues where hitting certain assets would give off pink textures and effects
- Fixed an issue where Quartz and Silicon nodes would have collisions that are too large for them
- Fixed an issue where there would be missing textures on the road joining to the top of the Dam
- Fixed an issue where the T.A.G Unit’s compass marker would still remain after the T.A.G Unit is destroyed
See you in the fray!
- Team Flix